Thinking about moving to Alaska? Hi, I’m Sheila Monson with Sheila Monson, Alaska Living and Real Estate here in Alaska and tonight we’re going to talk about 10 great things about living in Alaska. Um, I’m going to talk to you while I’m making our dinner and our dinner tonight is, well I don’t know the name of it, but it’s chicken and Pesto on tomatoes and Mozzarella and it’s Friday and it’s in the oven and it’s super-duper good.
10 great things about living in Alaska.
- The amazing summer sunshine. We do get 24 hours of daylight in the summer and it’s awesome.
- The hiking that is available. You can hike in the mountains, you can hike out in the woods, you can hike anywhere. Nature walks as all abilities and it’s amazing.
- The seafood is fantastic. There is nothing like having a fresh caught salmon on your smoker and eaten up for dinner that night.
- The northern lights. They are beautiful and those are in the winter time because it has to be dark out to see the northern lights. And since we have so much sun in the summer and daylight in the summer, we can’t see them in the summer. So, the winter is when you want to see the northern lights and they’re gorgeous.
- Clean, fresh, crisp air, no pollution. We have lots of trees and it’s just wonderful to go outside and just breathe in that clean, fresh air.
- The wildlife. The wildlife is outside your door. Just about anywhere you live. We have foxes, we have Golden Eagles, Bald Eagles, we have all sorts of animals that roam around right outside in our yard including, and of course the most we have lots of, Moose!
- The lifestyle! Alaska has everything outdoors that you could possibly want to do, and it is amazing. Fishing, hunting, fat, tire biking, summer and winter. If you like to do stuff outdoors, you’re going to love Alaska.
- The hunting. If you like Moose and like eating miss the most is fantastic. There’s also Dall sheep and lots of other game that you can hunt as well, so that’s a really big draw. A lot of people like to come to Alaska to do that.
- The fishing! The fishing is fantastic. We live just five miles from one of the main King Salmon, and Silver Salmon fishing spots in the state. And there is nothing like catching your fresh silver salmon or king salmon and coming home and smoking it on your Trager and eating it for dinner. It’s fantastic.
- The people! Saving the best for last. It is the people. The people are what make the state what it is and the people are genuine. The people are generous, and the people are incredibly big hearted and open minded. We love living in Alaska, and those are 10 of the reasons why.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.